CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The book Slave to Fashion

Actually, in my experience ugliness does
something horrid to the soul. Knowing that whoever your're
talking to can only think, God, but she's ugly, must burn
into you like acid. Unless you're especially stupid.
Which makes it all the sadder that pretty people are so often
dim, and ugly ones clever.
( I know it's a cliche, but cliches
get to be cliches because they're true. Sometimes, anyway)
Hugh once gave me a very good piece of advice. I don't know
where he got it from. "Katie," he said, "always tell pretty girls
that they're clever, and clever girls that they're pretty. They'll
love you forever."
"And what do you say if they're pretty and clever?" I asked.
He smiled and patted me on the bottom. "You say yes,
Katie. You say yes." Naughty man.




(Part where I really agreed)

0 comments: